Aggregate Educational Resources
All resources designed, created, and provided by
the BC Stone, Sand, and Gravel Association.
Click Here for Student Activities. See also the 'School Zone for teachers' by the Quarry Products Association and also, the North Carolina Aggregates Association presents . . . geology ROCKS! - resources for teachers. As well, the California Geological Survey's Kids GeoZone is dedicated
to students having fun while learning about the geosciences.
- Front Cover for Teacher's resource booklet
- Lesson Plan Introduction
- Activity Table of Contents
- Learning Expectations and Outcomes.
- This lesson introduces students to the physical properties of aggregates and some of the terms used to differentiate between different types of aggregate.
- Lesson Six provides a detailed description of several different types of aggregates and their benefits.
* Product Chart Page 1
* Product Chart Page 2
- Lesson Seven provides pictures of the product samples described in Lesson Six.
* Sample Pictures Page 1
* Sample Pictures Page 2
- In this exercise, students construct stones from common ingredients.
- Students create an grid to relate the different properties of aggregate.
- A brief quiz covering information learned to this point.
- This lesson covers some common uses of aggregate, as well as some uses you may never have thought of!
- A short story
- A crossword puzzle using much of the vocabulary used in this unit.
- This section provides an overview to the poster activity, which challenges the students to use visual clues to identify the many uses of aggregate in their community.
- Complete Poster
- Because the poster spans an entire 11"x17" page, unit 16 provides an identical copy of the poster spanned across two 8.5"x11" pages.
* Poster (Left)
* Poster (Right)
- Poster Number-find
- Key for the "Local Supply" mathematical exercise.
- Lesson 19 provides an introduction to the controls and regulatory bodies overseeing the Aggregate Industry
- All the details a teacher needs to organize a field trip to a local aggregate facility including:
what to expect; who to contact; and educational benefits.
- Unit 21 provides the aggregate poster used in unit 16 without the number tags over the visual clues
* Poster (left, no numbers)
* Poster (right, no numbers)