Download each lesson. Numbers below are the same as those described to the right.
Lesson 1 ( 779k bytes)
Lesson 2a ( 25k bytes)
Lesson 2b ( 14k bytes)
Lesson 3a ( 883k bytes)
Lesson 3b ( 960k bytes)
Lesson 4 ( 46k bytes)
Lesson 5 ( 298k bytes)
Lesson 6 ( 178k bytes)
Lesson 7 ( 1.1M bytes)
Lesson 8 ( 628k bytes)
Lesson 9 ( 152k bytes)
Lesson 10 ( 1.4M bytes)
Lesson 11a ( 719k bytes)
Lesson 11b ( 605k bytes)
Lesson 12 ( 24k bytes)
Lesson 13 ( 1.7M bytes)
Lesson 14 ( 209k bytes)
Aggregate Educational Resources
All resources designed, created, and provided by
the BC Stone, Sand, and Gravel Association
Click Here for Teachers Resources See also the 'School Zone for kids' by the Quarry Products Association
- Front Cover for Student's Activity Booklet
- Lesson Two provides a detailed description of several different types of aggregates and their benefits.
* Product Chart Page 1
* Product Chart Page 2
- Lesson Three provides pictures of the product samples described in Lesson Two.
* Sample Pictures Page 1
* Sample Pictures Page 2
- In this exercise, students construct stones from common ingredients.
- Familiarize students with terms used to describe aggregate properties by having them define the qualities of their home-made stone.
- Students create a grid to relate the different properties of aggregate.
- This lesson covers some common uses of aggregate, as well as some uses you may never have thought of!
- A short story
- A crossword puzzle using much of the vocabulary used in this unit
- A poster showing some of the many uses of aggregate within the community
- Because the poster spans an entire 11"x17" page, Unit 11 provides an identical copy of the poster spanned across two 8.5"x11" pages.
* Poster (Left)
* Poster (Right)
- Poster Number-find
- A mathematical exercise using aggregate costs as a practical application of addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
- Lesson 14 provides an introduction to the controls and regulatory bodies overseeing the Aggregate Industry